Sunday, March 23, 2008

Macho Mutts they are Not

My relationship with the retail store Target is equivalent to a black hole. I enter the store for a few items and I leave the store with over $100 drained from my checking and way more than a 'few' items. Items that are impulsively chosen in whimtastical moment. That is just what happened on this trip.

We approached the end of the pet isle and all I saw was Dog clothes and a clearance sticker. Not even that much of a discount, mind you. Jeremy swears he told me that the brand was Macho Mutts. Stephanie is his witness in the event. I was mesmerized.

For Mindy, I chose a large. And for Sugar an XX-large. Jeremy tried to get her just a X-L, but I just couldn't see it working. I chose wisely.

After dressing the beauties in their new attire - they really didn't argue. I emerged from the Target Fog. Yikes!! What am I doing to these poor foofoo dogs and their pretty Irish bows? I've adorned them in these awful 'janitor' looking smocks or Macho Mutt Hawaii ware. Ish.

Thankfully I wasn't too full of pride to not take them back to Target for a refund. The kid asked me if there was anything wrong with them. Well not exactly - except that I made a poor choice :)









Sugar sort of looks like she is sprawled out after a lot of booze. I assure you we did not get her intoxicated. :)





Okay Sugar does look a little miserable here.



No comments: